Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our Summer Schedule

Well, we've started to get into a routine with me working thirty hours a week and Patrick working in the afternoon instead of having to get up at 3:30 in the morning as well as going to school.

So, we get up at 6:00 am now. While Patrick showers, I toast waffles for us to eat for breakfast. We trippled a batch and made them using Pattie's waffle iron. I also throw together some snacks for us to eat while we're on campus. When Patrick gets done showering, we eat breakfast together. Then I go take a quick shower and try not to use up all of Bethany's hot water. After we're both ready, we go for a walk around the neighborhood. It's always pretty much the same route-- to the park and walking around the park if we have enough time. Then we come back and head up to campus. I have a parking pass to park at the Maxwell Institute so we get to park right on campus, which is so great!

Patrick goes to class and I either read a book waiting for my building to open since we get there before 8:00 am or I go to the library and wait for the Interlibrary Loan office to open up. I have already finished The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan. At first I didn't love it, but by the end I thought I'd probably like to read more of her work. It turned out to be a good story.

Anyway, Patrick goes to class at the Tanner Building and I start work around 8:00 am. He gets a three hour break between classes in which he does homework, gets his hair cut, makes phone calls, deposits checks, and other useful things like that. Then he has class. His early class is personal finance, which he likes, and his later class is economics, which he doesn't like very much. At 2:00, Patrick comes to my office (where I have been posting articles, proofreading, source checking, and other fun editing things like that) and picks me up to go home.

At home, we eat lunch and usually play backgammon. Then Patrick tries to get to work around 3:00. He's there until around 7:00 and gets home at 7:30. While he's gone I try to straighten up, I read, and I do projects that I've been wanting to do for some time. We save dinners for when Patrick gets home so we end up eating kind of late these days, but it's nice to have him there with us. We still have a couple hours now before we go to bed, so we play a game or relax and then go to bed around 9:30 or so. This schedule is working pretty well for us, so it's a nice change from the exhaustion of the past two years. (No matter how much sleep you actually get, when you wake up at 3:30 in the morning, you are always tired.) That's all for now. Off to work!

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

You still seem like you're morning people! Getting up early enough to go for a walk! I get up with the littlest time to spare, and bring my breakfast and makeup along with me to work and do it all when I get there. I guess I'm a little bit of a mess.

Paul and Esther Duhacek said...

Wow - what a busy couple of days you've had but it seems so like you guys to stay busy. Welcome back! HOpe to see you guys soon!