Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October Pictures

Our boy loves to read. Lately, he's more about flipping pages than reading, but either way he loves books.

At least once a week, he gets to play with a friend. Usually more often than that, but at least once a week. This is his friend who is one month older than him. She's very sweet and gentle.

This is a gruesome picture of the munchkin banging on the keyboard with eye-balls.

Here he is with his precocious nine-month-old walking friend. We are impressed with her skills.

We still continue to take sweet sleeping pictures from time to time. Even if he's growing and talking, he's still our baby.

His ring toy works as decoration too.

Chilling and reading with my friend Laurel and her little daughter while her son is browsing the bookshelf in the background. Aren't they adorable?

Our friends Kyle and Kathleen (yes, the infamous picture-loving Kathleen) on the ferry from Jamestown. I deserve a prize, I got a picture of the girl despite her resistance. It was a very, very cold day.

Pumpkin carving with Kyle and Kathleen. Everyone (except me) hard at work.

Mine and Patrick's pumpkins. Our neighbor told me that our pumpkin looked like Michael Jackson risen from the dead. And, well, Patrick's pumpkin is what happens when you place sharp objects in the hands of an impatient man. There is a face there-- it just isn't carved. Do you see it?

Okay, family, this is what Caleb looks like when you talk to him on the phone. He's intrigued. Occasionally, there's a shy smile, but then back to focusing on this weird phone object and the voices which come through it.

Yeehaw, ride 'em, cowboy! This is to give you a taste of what's to come with Halloween (more pictures to follow). Thanks to Stacy for suggesting the Dollar Tree for a cowboy hat.

A close-up of my pumpkin. I was afraid that it wasn't scary, but Kathleen assured me that the nose made it terrifying.

More bragging about my kiddo: he tried to put the puzzle bench back together. Albeit, he was unsuccessful, but he did try.

One morning our friend came over to play in the morning. . . and they both loved the lion.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

for some reason i cracked up when i saw the puzzle bench... might we have a beefcake on our hands?? you have an adorable son, we might steal him!

Cami and Juan said...

I love your pumpkin! I saw those white pumpkins and thought, I've never seen someone carve those. Now I have. Makes it look skeletal.