Sunday, March 15, 2009

How Are We

As will happen, Patrick got sick. Thus, our exercise routine has been mild (even nonexistant two days). We hope to improve this situation again. Michelle says her sister-in-law kept up her six-pack after her first two kids by doing yoga, so I'm thinking of trying to do yoga. Between yoga, walking, hiking, and running, we hope that by the end of summer we'll be fit as can be . . . and then have to get into a new exercise schedule in . . . well, wherever we end up.

So far, Patrick has three acceptances (William & Mary, University of Illinois, and Indiana University) and two waitlist notices (University of Virginia and University of Michigan) from law schools. Happily, no rejections. There's really just a lot of question marks in our future at this point. He's still waiting to hear back from ten schools and then we may be waiting to see what the result is on the waitlisted schools. I have struggled with patience my whole life so this stage of limbo is not my favorite thing. Too bad, I guess, because we've got about another month of it to look forward to.

As for writing, well, I wrote yesterday, but not the entire week before. This isn't so much because I think people actually care, but I ought to have some place to report to and so I'm using this blog. This obviously needs improvement.

Finally, we started solids this week. Caleb turned six months on Tuesday. Unbelievable! We've had a child for half a year. Pretty wild! We waited until he was six months based on various recommendations. And his first food was avocado, just because I think it's a cool word. Since then he has also had peas and rice cereal. This is all homemade, which is pretty cool. And I have discovered that he doesn't like warm food. He was disgusted with peas the first day but the second day they weren't warm and he ate a bit of it. There will be pictures soon.

(I ought to explain that I don't download pictures often enough to post them in every post. I recognize that this is not up with the fashion, as everyone likes visual images, but hey I'm proud of myself for posting at all, so I'm not gonna feel guilty.)

No comments: