Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back in Action (Temporarily)

I have a moment, this Sunday afternoon, after stake conference to come back to the wonderful world of blogging. It's been almost impossible to maintain without Internet in our home. Unfortunately, while so many things looked possible when we linked ourselves up with Cox, the Internet still feels just out of reach most of the time. No, no, it's not actually Cox. (Unlike Verizon, who could neither give us service when we signed up with them and would also not end our contract or discuss our contract or take any responsibility for the fact that a strike is actually their problem and not their customers' problem.)

Instead, it's Dell. (Poor companies getting bashed today.) Patrick's computer has been on the fritz for months and suddenly spiraled into eternal computer insanity right as business school started. You can imagine the bliss that this has brought to our MBA experience so far. Don't worry, though. He has a warranty until 2013. Phew. ... Except he called them the week before Labor Day, worked things out with them for an hour or more and then was told a tech guy would come the next week. The next week, finally, the guy came and installed a new hard drive. Meanwhile, I will remind you that William & Mary does not so much as slow down during Labor Day-- so he is continuing with his studies full speed ahead and all that jazz limping along to keep up, using my cute little Notebook computer while I'm wishing fie upon Dell because he's stressed and I'm computer-less and essentially Internet-less, even though we finally gave in and paid for it. Well, you would think all our problems would be solved. But they're not. The computer continues to suffer from some sort of unknown disease in which it starts to turn on when you push the power button and then half-way through, it shuts down. So, in fact, it can take multiple tries to get it to turn on, and there's no guaranty it will stay on. Therefore, another conversation with a friendly and defensive (in a very subservient way) and concerned customer support worker is in the making for me or Patrick in order to get him a high-speed, high-memory working computer and me a ... well, my computer.

All in all, I hate to begin up again with such a negative post. Because, really, besides these computer complications, life is quite good. But I did think I would explain since somebody, no names here, accused me of being lazy and told me on Facebook to post on my own blog instead of riding piggyback off of a friend's blog. So, now, if you continue not to hear from me, you will know that my computer has been taken possession of by a poor, needy, handsome graduate student who can't give it up. But someday (no promises when) I may try to be more devoted to publicizing all the grand and glorious events of our adorable little household.

And now follows the obligatory pictures that make up for any boredom I may have caused while you forced your way through my rant. And, yes, these are the two most adorable little boys in the world.





1 comment:

Kathleen said...

those sleeping pictures are KILLING me with cuteness! i NEED to come see your boys before they grow up anymore!