Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring and Easter

My boys at the Jamestown River

Our wonderful friend had us over for Easter egg dying. Here she's coloring with the boy.

The results of our egg dying efforts. This is not a very flattering picture of me, but I love everyone in the picture, so I still posted it.

I got our friend (with a yard) to have us over for an Easter egg hunt. He found one: success! All in all, I think he ended up with three total.

So, our Easter activities included egg dying, an Easter egg hunt/brunch before Saturday morning session, getting invited to share a delicious Easter lunch with some friends, and inviting some other friends to have Easter dinner with us. And around all those activities, Patrick and I went on a Friday night date and we attended all the sessions of General Conference at the church on Saturday and Sunday.

Some notes on Conference: First, it was amazing! Second, the munchkin really did great. Four two hour sessions is pretty intense. He slept through two of them, I think, and the other two he struggled by the end of them, but he did all right. I hope that this will get us started on a pattern that I want to keep up. Going to conference at the church is something Patrick and I both grew up doing. I don't think we typically went to all the sessions when we were this young, but we both want to do it with our kids because it's so important. Going to the church helps us be more reverent and focused than we would be if we watched it at home and hopefully it will help set the tone for our children, too, that this event is a church event. I know lots of families do conference lots of different ways, but I'm excited to be getting ourselves into our Conference tradition. I love traditions.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

I love easter egg hunts. So fun. Happy Easter! I'm glad you guys are having so much fun out there and spending time with friends.