Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 Winding Down

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Caleb playing Santa.


This is the way he dresses when we go walking in the cold and he can sit in the stroller (meaning there isn't snow all over the roads and sidewalks).

This is one of the first times he held onto something. I was brushing it into his face, making not-very-ferocious roaring noises and he grabbed on and (of course) tried to eat it.

This is one of the first times he didn't get massively upset to be on his stomach and, in fact, looked very peaceful and pleasant.

This is after one-too-many pictures, I guess.

These are our walking buddies Libby and her munchkin (known fondly as "the Frog"). Libby and her husband introduced us to the game Arkham Horror (which Patrick bought with his Christmas money).

This is when Mom discovered a hat that Grandma Taylor gave us and thought it would be good for a photo shoot. It would have worked better if I'd moved the blanket-- this is a hat that can definitely stand on its own.

Our son is already a better citizen than we are: he's keeping up on the news. (Actually, Patrick does a pretty good job in this area; I could use some improvement -- ah hem new year's resolution #1.)
This is a sleeper from Grandma Billie.

This is how we bundle up to go walking when I carry him. Believe me, we stay pretty warm.

I really just love this picture. He looks so curious.

Our very own "Santa baby."

Intently opening his present from his great-grandma Billie on Christmas morning.

And here they are for his playing pleasure. I love them and he loves some of them now and will love the rest very soon, I think.


After my first year of blogging, I just want to say that we've had a good year and been very blessed. Two graduations and a baby -- really, we couldn't have asked for more. And 2009 is looking very hopeful and exciting too. Huzzah for living!

No comments: