Saturday, August 2, 2008

Belly Dancing

First, I should warn people that despite my complaints and frustrations in the last entry, we really might name our child Caelan. We both like the sound of it, and Patrick says he thinks that the spelling is masculine. Also, my mom referred us to Parents Connect and they have an option for people with a name to vote on how they liked it. Only six people commented (which is okay since we want a name that isn't too common), but most of their comments were positive, so the baby is likely to be Caelan Joseph Taylor . . . of course, that is dependent on whether or not something else comes up before he arrives. Anyway, you can see the comments here: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/suitability_of_Caelan.html. It's really a good site to search for what you are interested in. It's overwhelming to search through a whole list, especially when we don't like most of the names, but the Advanced Search option helped us narrow it down better. The one problem with this site, though, is that they say Caelan means "slender," but when I saw it elsewhere it meant "victorious warrior," which is so much cooler. Given that the meanings aren't similar at all, I do wonder which is more accurate.

Also, a random funny thing is that sometimes when I'm just sitting around, I feel like I'm doing a belly dance. There was a girl in my ward who really could belly dance (she demonstrated once at Girls' Camp or something) and the things my belly does remind me of the way her stomach looked when she did it. I'm just sitting there and my stomach is going in and out in random places. It makes me feel like an alien has invaded my body.

An interesting thing I have learned lately is that there is not as much room as there used to be in my stomach . . . obviously. But it is strange to realize I can't eat very much at a time or I will feel sick for an hour or two. Back when my stomach was flat I could eat more at once than I can now when my stomach is ballooned out; it is all very ironic. It's not just the space I think, but also the slower digestion. I have to recognize that digestion seems to take ages longer than it used to. In fact, I was never so conscious of my digestion as I am now; it's almost like I can feel the food breaking down.

Anyway, there is a ton to do today-- go to Aimee and Brant's wedding, put away laundry, vacuum our floor, clean our bathroom, prepare our dish for tomorrow's family dinner-- so that is all I will say for now. Just know, life is going well and we're busy and happy.

No comments: