Saturday, May 22, 2010

Upon Request: Pregnancy II

Look at me, two posts in one day! Too bad I don't get paid for this.

In regards to this pregnancy, it has been quite different than the first. I felt MUCH worse in the first trimester. I have a friend whose misery during the first half or so of her pregnancy could be calculated at like a ten (as in, she is basically unable to function or she throws up). This second pregnancy was probably more like a three, maybe a four, where there were some days that I wasn't up to doing much but lying around and I threw up a few times. Though this is what other people simply expect, this seemed pretty unpleasant since my expectations were that this would be another one/two (on this very scientific scale I've made up), like when I was pregnant the first time. The biggest problem I had with Pregnancy I was that I was very, very tired most of the time. By the end, my back was uncomfortable, but overall, I felt very little nausea, and if I ate often, then I felt almost like normal. Oh, and I had to use the bathroom a lot.

Pregnancy II has now become very much like that, actually, now that I'm in the second trimester. I think I may be less tired overall, so that's actually an improvement. So, as far as it goes, the first trimester was just slightly worse this time than last time, but it's now about the same.

I feel like I ought to be able to say more about it, but that seems to sum up my experience. I don't have the munchkin's baby book at hand so I can't say at what point I felt each of them. This week (18 weeks according to doctor), I've felt the baby moving and it's stronger than the fluttery movement I originally felt with the first pregnancy. I expect that with how strong it feels that Patrick will even be able to feel the baby soon.

In any case, I gotta go. Munchkin #1 is feeling deprived. See 18 week picture below. (Sorry for all the extra space around me. Should have cropped it, but didn't have time.)

4 comments:

Julaine said...

Yes! A special post, I love when I leave a question for a comment and the person responds because I really do want to know. So thank you. You look great. Does Caleb understand that he is going to have a baby brother or sister? That's gotta be fun too.

MommaMcCarthy said...

what is this?! you look how i looked at 8 weeks. NOT even kidding. i had myself convinced that everyone gets big quick with repeat pregnancies... maybe it IS just me! sad we can't be preggo together and go for preggo walks :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm a little late in saying that but I had to say it! We are so excited for you guys and baby number 2! And you look amazing...hope you'll feel great as the pregnancy continues!

Manda said...

Congrats on the baby! thats so fun #2! have you found the gender?