Monday, May 18, 2009

Flagstaff

All right, I know everyone is fed up with our pictures and Caleb is dying for a change of pace so we are nearly done and then he and I are going for a walk. Finally, we headed up to Flagstaff. And we had a wonderful time there!

. . . after the first night, which was slightly exhausting. This is me and Caleb taking a morning nap since he had been awake since 3:30 that morning.

Later, we went walking around Mt. Elden. This is the coolest tree ever, don't you think?

I'm not really into geology (unlike my uncle who's posing as king of the mountain here), but I think this is one very cool rock.

Dad and two of his "kids" -- one by birth, one by marriage

Peekaboo! While we were gone, great-grandma Billie bonded with Caleb.

Later, we met up with the rest of my dad's family that's in the area. Here's my dad's older brother with their younger brother's older daughter. Does that make sense?

This is funny because we have an engagement picture where I'm giving Patrick a piggy-back too. Three years later and not much has changed. Although, to be perfectly honest, there was quite a while where I wouldn't do this. To carry something in your belly and something on your back? Even I'm not silly enough to try it.

Here we are playing ball with Caleb. Who has the ball? Petra has the ball! He's good at this game.

There will be more updates soon, I'm sure, but for now we're caught up on our latest adventures. Our next destination? Wisconsin. And there we will convince Patrick's older brother that we do, in fact, have a child and he is, in fact, an uncle, which apparently he doubted. And between this adventure and that adventure? Anniversary, birthday, a possible writer's conference, a sleepover, a family home evening, a missionary farewell, and who knows what else!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are quite the travelers! Looks like you had a lot of fun! I loved the pictures!

Julaine said...

Your family has been going some great places, what fun!! I love all the pictures. My sister Jennifer and I both agree, Caleb is one of the cutest babies we've seen!

Manda Sue said...

Keegan!! Love the blog. Its fun to see you guys are doing well. Wow is Caleb getting big. His blond hair is too cute!!! :)